If you’re a stock photographer, shooting really clean and noise free images is a must. Sometimes having your images sharpened with Photoshop USM filter is not such a good idea. Here’s the alternative of getting noise free and artifacts sharpening using High Pass Filter:
1. Copy your background layer.
2. Run the High Pass filter on the new layer. (Filter>Other>High Pass).
3. Change the blending mode on the high pass layer to Soft Light.
4. Adjust the opacity of the high pass layer to get the right amount of sharpening. I usually use 33% or 50%. Then flatten the image.
5. If you want a different number you can just go back one step and adjust the opacity slider however much you want.
More Images from Photography Tips Category